Search CPAK Updates
Subscribe to the CPAK Mailing List
Chapter Updates & Information
- Accepting Program Proposals & Scholarship Applications for the 2023 CPAK Conference
CPAK is now accepting program proposals for the 2023 State Conference. The deadline for submission is February 1, 2023 by 11:59pm. Accepted proposals will be notified on February 15, 2023. Visit the Conference Program Proposal page for more information on how to submit a proposal, the scoring rubric, and resources for submitting a program proposal.
Each year, CPAK provides scholarships to attend the Annual Conference for graduate students and professionals in need of financial assistance. The deadline for submission is December 1, 2022. Recipients will be notified by December 5, 2022. For more information and to apply for a scholarship, visit out Conference Scholarship page.
For more information about the conference, please visit our 2023 CPAK Conference page.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
- 2023 CPAK Conference Save-the-Date
CPAK is excited to announce that the 2023 CPAK Conference will be held Monday, April 17, 2023 at the University of Kentucky. Please save the date! Registration will begin December 1, 2022. Information on the conference (included registration cost, schedule, and keynote speaker) will added once finalized on the 2023 CPAK Conference page.
Additionally, we are now accepting nominations for our 2023 CPAK Awards (to be presented at the 2023 CPAK Conference) and the CPAK Hall of Fame Class of 2023. We encourage you to take some time to honor a colleague by nominating them.
- Website Updates & First Conference Planning Meeting
We hope you are having a relaxing and peaceful summer, as well as staying safe. CPAK is proud to bring to you their new website. We hope you will utilize the resources available, learn more about our organization, and look back on our conferences and Hall of Fame classes. While 95% complete, there are still updates being made to the website. If you locate a broken link, error, etc. please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected].
We are also starting to plan our 2023 CPAK Annual Conference. The conference is a lot of work, but it is incredibly rewarding and fun! Our first conference planning meeting will be on Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 11am EST. If you are interested in helping with the conference, please fill out the following form and you will receive the meeting link the day before.
- Welcome to the 2022- 2023 Executive Committee
The 2022-2023 CPAK EC met for the first time on May 24, 2022 for the 2022 Transition Meeting. It was a great opportunity for our officers to get to know one another and refresh ourselves on CPAK and ACPA’s mission and purpose. Below is a list of our 2022 – 2023 Executive Committee.
- President – Lindsay Smith
- Coordinator for Equity & Inclusion – Antoine Smith-Rouse
- Conference Chair – Samantha MacKenzie
- Professional Development Coordinator – Jan Goldman
- Faculty Representative – Dr. Mike Vetter
- Central KY Regional Representative – Priscilla Calvo Castillo
- Northern KY Regional Representative – Jennifer Brown
- Western KY Regional Representative – Chelsea Wright
Currently, we have the follow positions open. If you are interested in getting involved with CPAK and want to learn more about these positions, please email [email protected].
- Administration Coordinator
- Conference Chair – Elect (would assume the 2023-2024 Conference Chair role next year)
- Graduate Student Representative
- Eastern KY Regional Representative
- President – Elect (would assume the role of President in 2023 – 2024).
- 2022 CPAK Conference Review
Thank you to everyone who attended out 2022 CPAK Conference either in-person or virtually! We greatly enjoyed getting to catch up with our colleagues and spend time on professional development. We were also thrilled to induct our Hall of Fame Class of 2022 and present our 2021 awards.
For a full list of award winners, inductees, and photos from the conference, please visit our 2022 Conference in Review page.
Formed in 1976, the College Personnel Association of Kentucky (CPAK) is a state division of the American College Personnel Association (ACPA). CPAK concerns itself with the professionals in the varied areas of student affairs, student services, campus life, academic support, and higher education administration throughout the state of Kentucky.